We all know that ice cream is fatty. I read recently, that when you are licking an ice cream cone, you are essentially licking a ball of fat!!
Oh…..that totally ruined my day.
I’m not a total ice cream lover, however I still like it once in a while. My favorite is the No Fat Vanilla at Cold Stone. I still don’t believe that it’s NO FAT…..it would have to be proven. It doesn’t matter that I have them add a Skor Candy bar to the mix. That wouldn’t add anymore calories…..would it?
In that light, I present you with Newsweek’s list of six of the most fattening ice creams – all nutrition information is for a serving size of a half cup.
1. Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter (360 calories, 24 grams of fat)
2. Ben and Jerry’s Chubby Hubby (330 calories, 20 grams of fat)
3. Häagen-Dazs Butter Pecan (310 calories, 23 grams of fat)
4. Sheer Bliss Pomegranate with chocolate chips (320 calories, 20 grams fat)
5. Ben and Jerry’s Vermonty Python (300 calories, 19 grams of fat)
6. Coldstone Cookie Batter (300 calories, 16 grams of fat)
Check out the complete Newsweek article for a breakdown of what makes each one as bad as it is and some ideas for healthier alternatives
Now that I’ve ruined your day…….you might as well bake something yummy! Check out the new recipes at