Jessica tagged me, and so I thought I’d answer the call! Here goes:
1. If every job paid $50,000 a year, and you had no physical or mental limitations, what would you do?
*I feel my greatest blessing, was being able to stay home & raise my 4 daughters. I also owned & operated a very nice Beauty Salon (hair & nails) in my own home, which allowed “Me to be the Boss.” I could work 3 days a week, and set my own hours. I probably wouldn’t change any of that!
2. What is your current church calling? What do you like about it? What have some of your other callings been?
*Presently I am serving in the Primary as the pianist! It’s my favorite calling by far. I love hearing the little children sing their hearts out. I am at home behind a piano. My other callings have been Primary chorister, Relief Society President & Young Women’s President, etc. I will be happy to KEEP the one I have! Love it.
3. Name a person you regularly encounter (outside your family) who brightens your day.
*This person would have to be Rexann Nielsen. She is always upbeat & happy. She brings a smile to every ones face, and is a real friend. She would do anything for anyone! Seriously.
4. In twenty years, what do you think you will miss most about your life now?
*OUCH…..that would make me 68 years old! I think I might miss the Harley, young Grandchildren who love giving me hugs & kisses, the youth of my own Daughters. I just hope my husbands arms are still holding me tight in 20 years, and that my knees will still bend!
5. What’s something you appreciate about your spouse?
*Kenny is a “work -a-holic.” I have never, ever needed or wanted for anything! He has always made sure that my daughters & I have everything we need & want. He has the energy of 12 men. He is a “fix everything” person. I never have to call anyone, to come fix anything!
He still tells me I’m sexy….I’m I allowed to type that?
6. What is your favorite routine, household chore?
* I totally agree with Jessica on this one. I’m kind of a “clean freak.” I guess it would be a clean kitchen, absolutely NO CLUTTER , & I also vacuum everyday. Just cuz!
7. What’s a book you return to occasionally (besides the scriptures.)
*Believe it or not, I have read the Twilight books. My husband still thinks I’m nuts! Loved them.
8.Favorite Small Pleasure:
*Well you give me a computer a piano & a large kitchen to bake in……and I’m a happy girl!
9. Favorite time of the day?
*Since all my girls are married now, it would have to be when my hubbie comes home!
Especially in the winter time……for some strange reason. However I can’t put a time on that.
Sometimes he is home at 5:00, sometimes 6:00, sometimes 7:00, sometimes 8:00, sometimes 9:00………sometimes 10:00 …..Well….you get the picture!
10. Name a person who performed what they thought was a small act of service, but ended up being a big deal to you:
*This one is really impossible for me to answer. There are so many important people in my life, that have made a huge difference to me. When I was first married a lady named Thelma Pence, mothered me….cuz I was missing my Mom. When I moved to Rexburg, my favorite neighbors were Berta Boice & Wanda Scoresby. I knew that no matter what, I could always count on them! I do think about times in my life when I have felt a lot of pressure & stress with certain callings. (My recent counselors: Gay, Rexann, Teressa….. always had my back covered, and made those jobs almost enjoyable.) Also… I still remember a sweet Visiting Teacher, that drove from Ashton to SLC, Utah to visit me in the hospital after I had a huge softball sized tumor removed from my neck! That was extraordinary to me. Not many of us are very good at being Visiting Teachers. I could go on & on!
11. Name someone who somehow changed your life.
*That would certainly be my husband Kenny, and my 4 daughters: Brandi, Chantri, Shannon & Danielle. They make my life SWEET!
12. Consider what you do each day. Think of one attribute or trait that you bring to your daily work that is a strength—what is something you do really well?
*Jess….I also like to laugh. I think…….that I think……that I’m funnier, than I actually am though! My husband doesn’t laugh at my jokes very often. That might be a clue…ya think?
I also – can get mad….. but “I get over it very fast!” That’s a good trait….right?
I tag…. my 4 girls, my Mom (since she hasn’t posted in 3 months) Lisa V….if you are reading this – please, please start a blog. And Everyone else on my sidebar!